K-Tribe crushes Keys
Published in Sports on July 26, 2006 2:13 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- Kinston survived a slugfest on Tuesday night, outlasting Frederick 14-10. The K-Tribe pounded out 15 hits, while the Keys slugged 14.
Six Indians had multiple hits. Brandon Pinckney, Rodney Choy Foo, Stephen Head and Javi Herrera each had three RBIs a piece. Choy Foo hit a three-run homer in the first inning. Both Head and Herrera had bases-loaded, three-run doubles.
Leading 5-4 after three innings, Kinston scored five runs in the fourth inning and four in the seventh to put the game away.
Mariano Gomez (1-2) picked up the win from the bullpen, as K-Tribe starter Joe Ness was chased in the fourth inning after giving up six earned runs on seven hits.
David Haehnel (1-7) took the loss for Frederick. Kinston is now 12-4 this season against Frederick and has scored 10 or more runs in five games against the Keys this season.
Kinston sends Scott Lewis to the mound for the finale of the three-game series today at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series