Angels finish fourth overall in Cooperstown trip
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on July 28, 2006 2:08 PM
COOPERSTOWN, N.Y. -- The Wayne County Angels 12U baseball team finished fourth overall during weekly play in the American Youth Baseball Hall of Fame Invitational at Cooperstown Dreams Park.
Wayne County began the single-elimination portion of the tournament with a 4-0 victory over Long Island (N.Y.) Stars.
Ryan Wolfe produced three RBI in the Angels' quarterfinal-round, 8-5 win over the Coral Springs (Fla.) Diamonds. Hunter Barnett emerged the winning pitcher and eight Wayne County players had a least one hit in the game.
Hit After Hit Baseball Academy, from Tennessee, eliminated Wayne County 8-5 in the semifinals. Hit After Hit eventually claimed the invitational title later Thursday afternoon.
The Angels fashioned a 9-1 record during the five-day tournament.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series