Lawson signs with 49ers
Published in Sports on July 28, 2006 2:07 PM
The San Francisco 49ers announced Thursday evening that they have signed first-round pick linebacker Manny Lawson.
Lawson (6-5, 240) played in 50 games at N.C. State, starting 25 times. He finished his Wolfpack career with 196 tackles (125 solos) and 40 quarterback pressures. Lawson also caused five fumbles, recovered four others and deflected seventeen passes. He ranks second on the school's all-time record with seven blocked kicks and fourth with 20.5 sacks for minus 163 yards.
After signing his contract, Lawson, an Eastern Wayne graduate, was able to join his team for part of the evening's meetings and will take part in the team's first practice this morning.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series