Ogburn will play golf at Pitt Community College
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 8, 2006 2:18 PM
A recent Rosewood High School honor graduate will attend Pitt Community College in Greenville this fall on a two-year golf scholarship.
Shane Ogburn, captain of his high school golf team for two years, was a starter all four years and low scorer on the team for three years. He also holds the school record for having the lowest score in competition, 71, for 18 holes and most Eagles qualified for state individual competition for two years.
Ogburn was named Most Valuable Player for three years and was all-conference in 2004-2005.
The son of Kevin and Debbie Ogburn, hopes to transfer to ECU or N.C. State after two years and finish his degree in computer engineering, with a minor in business.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series