Champions crowned in tennis tournament
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 16, 2006 2:19 PM
Fourteen champions were crowned at the John Allen Farfour City tennis championships last weekend.
The youth singles winners were: Girls 8's -- Keely Fulghum; Girls 10's -- Rachel Jackson; Boys 10's -- Addison Vail; Girls 12's -- Brooke Barfield; Boys 12's -- Walker Smiley; Girls 14's -- Samantha Reeves; Boys 14's -- Woody Sasser; Boys 16's -- Dylan Cuddington; Boys 18's -- Blake Vail.
In the adult singles division, Lucious Smith brought home the men's city title, while Carrie Johnson captured the women's city crown.
In adult doubles, Devoe Oliver and Mike Ward claimed the men's championship, Sammy Easom and Kevin Easom won the men's B doubles title and Tommy Franklin and Alan Cuddington took the senior doubles title.
GREENVILLE -- Novella Zambelli claimed second gross honors in first flight competition during an Eastern Carolina Ladies Golf League match at Brook Valley CC. Nancy Satterfield took second gross in third flight and Betty Holloway claimed low net.
In weekly tournament play at Walnut Creek, Linda Cannon and Satterfield tied for game-of-the-week honors. Faye Franklin won low gross and Holloway claimed low net.
Mary Morris took low putts.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series