K-Tribe's three-game win streak snapped
Published in Sports on August 16, 2006 2:18 PM
KINSTON -- Salem stopped Kinston's three-game winning streak with an 8-3 victory Tuesday night at Grainger Stadium.
Salem scored seven runs in the top of the third inning to take a lead the Avalanche would never relinquish. Salem had home runs by Lou Santangelo and Neil Sellers highlighting the five-hit, seven-run third.
K-Tribe starter Thomas Cowley (1-1) took the loss, making just his second Carolina League start of the season. Cowley went four innings and gave up seven hits, seven earned runs and three walks.
Salem's James Barthmaier (9-8) notched the win by going seven innings and giving up just four hits and one earned run.
On a slow night offensively for the K-Tribe, Rodney Choy Foo went 3-for-4 with two RBIs.
Kinston first baseman Stephen Head went 1-for-3 to extend his consecutive on-base streak to 34 games, the second longest streak in the Carolina League this season.
Kinston puts Joe Ness (9-3, 3.37) on the mound today at 7 p.m. for game three of the four-game series.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series