Avalanche buries Tribe
Published in Sports on August 17, 2006 2:22 PM
KINSTON -- The Salem Avalanche piled it on Kinston with a 9-4 victory over the K-Tribe on Wednesday night at Grainger Stadium.
Drew Sutton hit a pair of home runs for Salem, including a solo shot to lead off the game. Salem scored four runs in the first inning, three in the third and two in the sixth. The Avalanche had 13 hits on the night.
Rodney Choy Foo had the offensive highlights for the K-Tribe, hitting his eighth home run of the year in the fourth inning. Stephen Head went 1-for-4 to extend his consecutive on-base streak to 35 games.
Kinston starter Joe Ness (9-4) had a rough outing, giving up 10 hits and seven earned runs in five innings.
Rory Shortell (6-6) got the win for Salem.
Kinston returns to Grainger Stadium today for the final game of the four-game series. Scott Lewis (3-1, 1.40) takes the mound for the K-Tribe to 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series