Aycock's Davis headed to UNC
By Gabe Whisnant
Published in Sports on August 27, 2006 2:11 AM
PIKEVILLE -- Charles B. Aycock senior Garrett Davis has recently verbally comitted to play baseball for the University of North Carolina.
Davis, currently recovering from surgery on his ACL for an injury sustained during the American Legion season this summer, will join his cousin and former Aycock standout, Rob Wooten, on the Tar Heels' pitching staff.
Davis finished 7-1 as a junior and helped guide the Golden Falcons to a 24-3 mark. Aycock was the co-Eastern Carolina Conference regular season champion and captured the ECC tournament title.
North Carolina (54-16) came within one win of winning the College World Series in Omaha, Neb. in June as Oregon State rallied for back-to-back wins against the Heels in the championship series.The trip to Omaha was UNC's first since 1989.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series