K-Tribe falls in 10 at home
Published in Sports on August 28, 2006 2:16 PM
KINSTON -- Potomac scored three runs in the top of the ninth inning and two in the top of the 10th to beat the Kinston Indians 7-5 on Sunday afternoon.
Kinston had a 5-2 lead after eight innings, but Potomac banged four hits off K-Tribe reliever Kyle Collins to tie the score at five.
Potomac's Marvin Lowrance hit a pinch hit solo home run in the top of the 10th off Kinston's Randy Newsome to give the Nationals the lead for good. Kinston had the bases loaded in both the ninth and 10th innings, but could not get any runs across. It was only the fourth time this season Kinston lost a game when leading after eight innings.
Rodney Choy Foo hit his 10th home run of the year in the first inning for the K-Tribe, a three-run shot that put Kinston up 3-0. The K-Tribe would add two more runs in the sixth with an RBI triple by John Drennen and a sacrifice fly by Caleb Brock.
Newsom (1-2) took the loss for the K-Tribe. Indians starter Joe Ness pitched five innings and gave up just two earned runs.
Juan Ovalles (4-8) picked up the win for Potomac and Josh Perrault notched his second save of the season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series