By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on August 31, 2006 1:47 PM
The Hobbton at Rosewood game and the North Duplin at Topsail game have been moved to Monday at 7 p.m.
All local sporting events have been canceled for today in Wayne County public schools, according to county athletics director Dean Sauls.
Goldsboro's junior varsity football contest with the Trojans has been rescheduled to Sept. 18 at Trenton. Information on the rescheduling of most postponed games were not known at press time.
With the remnants of Tropical Storm Ernesto scheduled to move into the area by this afternoon, most of the other area schools will likely make their final decisions on Friday's games around or before Friday at noon based on the amount of rain the storm produces over the next couple of days. Most of Wayne County already received approximately two inches of rain on Wednesday.
The Union at Princeton game will not be played today at 6:30 p.m. and has been moved to its original date of Friday at 7:30 p.m., while Farmville Central at James Kenan game is now scheduled for Saturday at 7 p.m. South Central at Eastern Wayne was rescheduled to Monday at 7 p.m. earlier this week.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series