K-Tribe wins again as regular season winds down
Published in Sports on September 4, 2006 1:58 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- The Kinston Indians won their second straight game with a 6-2 victory over Myrtle Beach on Sunday afternoon.
Kinston banged out 10 hits as six Indians had RBIs. Jose Constanza, Rodney Choy Foo, Stephen Head and John Drennen each had two hits.
Randy Newsom (2-2) picked up the win, throwing 12/3 innings of relief.
The Pelicans Jo Jo Reyes (4-4) took the loss, giving up five earned runs in five innings of work.
Kinston improved to a Carolina League-best 84-54 overall record this season and is 13-5 in day games this season.
The Indians end their regular season with a Labor Day matinee at 2 p.m. today at Myrtle Beach.
Thomas Cowley takes the mound for the K-Tribe.
Kinston will have an off day on Tuesday, before starting the Carolina League Playoffs Wednesday night in Salem. Game two of the first round playoff series will be Thursday at 7 p.m. in Kinston.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series