MOC competes in Campbell Invitational
Published in Sports on September 4, 2006 1:57 PM
BUIES CREEK -- Corey Doub finished 17th of 24 runners in the men's competition and Dani Boyes placed 24th out of 42 runners in the women's competition in the Campbell University Cross Country Invitational Saturday at Buies Creek.
Doub, a sophomore, ran the 5k course in a time of 18:51. Donnie Duggins, placed 19th with a time of 19:35, followed by C.J. Eason in 20th at 20:28. Kevin Acree finished 22nd at 21:31, Josh Marquez was 23rd at 22:34 and Nathan McKee placed 24th at 22:35.
On the women's side, Boyes ran the 4k course in a time of 18:37 in her first collegiate meet. Stephanie Behrend placed 26th at 19:04, while Theresa Thompson was 31st at 20:24 and Krystal Kee placed 33rd at 21:01.
After the meet, Boyes and Behrend traveled to Cary to play in the Trojans' women's soccer match.
In the men's team competition, Mount Olive placed third behind Campbell and UNC Wilmington. The Trojans were one runner shy of competing in the women's team competition.
Mount Olive competes next Saturday as the Trojans run in the Eye Opener meet hosted by Converse, in Spartanburg, SC.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series