Rebels improve to 2-0 with win
Published in Sports on September 5, 2006 2:03 PM
HAMPSTEAD -- North Duplin senior Michael Schilling rushed for a career-high 175 yards and three touchdowns in the Rebels' 35-13 win at Topsail High School on Monday night.
Schilling scored in each of the first three quarters on runs of 25, 1 and 60.
Junior quarterback Doug Lloyd added 53 yards and a second-quarter touchdown, while Billy Mello ran for 54 yards and capped North Duplin's scoring in the fourth. The Rebels (2-0), who outscored the Pirates 28-6 in the final three quarters, did most of their work on the ground -- gaining 303 yards on 38 carries (8 yards per carry).
Meanwhile, the Rebels' defense held the Pirates to 114 total yards and just 2.75 yards per carry. Topsail turned the ball over five times overall with three interceptions and two fumbles, while North Duplin lost two fumbles.
The Rebels are off this Friday and will host Holly Ridge Dixon on Sept. 15.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series