Memorial service for Capato will be today at 7:30 pm
Published in Sports on September 7, 2006 2:12 PM
A memorial service for former Mount Olive College student and tennis player Bruno Capato will be held tonight at 7:30 p.m. at St. Mary's Catholic Church in Mount Olive. The memorial is open to the public.
Capato passed away in his sleep in May of a heart attack, caused by an enlarged heart. Capato, who was from Sao Paulo, Brazil, had enrolled at Mount Olive in January and had just completed his first semester. He was majoring in business administration.
Capato was named the 2006 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Men's Tennis Freshman of the Year and was also selected to the All-CVAC Second Team. He also earned CVAC Player of the Week honors during the season.
Mount Olive head coach Burt Lewis said that Capato made a lasting impression at Mount Olive College both on and off the court.
"Bruno was at Mount Olive College for only a short time, but he definitely left his mark here," said Lewis. He will be greatly missed."
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series