Mount Olive Harriers to compete Saturday
Published in Sports on September 8, 2006 2:08 PM
The Mount Olive men's and women's cross country teams will get a preview of this year's conference championship as the Trojans head to Spartanburg, S.C., Saturday to compete in the Eye-Opener Invitational, sponsored by Spartanburg Methodist College.
The course is the same course that will be used for the 2006 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Cross Country Championships.
After competing primarily against Division I opponents last week at the Campbell University Invitational, the Trojans will likely face off against competitors from the CVAC also wanting to get a first look at the course.
Sophomore Cory Doub was Mount Olive's top men's finisher last week, while Dani Boyes was the Trojans' top women's finisher.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series