Moberg leads MOC women
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on October 10, 2006 2:18 PM
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Kristin Moberg shot an 81 and Kristen Freeman carded a career-best 82 as Mount Olive was 14th out of 18 teams after the first round of the Lenoir-Rhyne/Myrtle Beach Intercollegiate on Monday. After a one-hour rain delay, the Trojans shot a team score of 353.
Moberg shot a 2-over-par 38 on the front nine and is tied for 22nd out of 92 golfers. Freeman, whose previous low round was 86 last spring, shot a 40-42 to land in a tie for 28th.
Deborah Woodrum (48-44--92) is tied for 72nd, while Kate Somek (44-54--98) is tied for 80th.
Nova Southeastern is the first-round leader with a 304. The 36-hole tournament concluded Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series