North Johnston upends Rosewood
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 15, 2006 2:01 AM
KENLY -- Rosewood quarterback Josh Myers accounted for 279 yards of total offense in the Eagles' 35-21 loss at defending Class 1-A Carolina Conference champion North Johnston.
Myers rushed for 132 yards, including a 65-yard touchdown in the second quarter. The senior completed 10 of 25 passes for 147 yards, including a 20-yard strike to Stephen McIntyre in the opening quarter.
McIntyre hauled in five passes for 106 yards.
Cody Richards completed the Eagles' scoring with a 1-yard run in the third quarter.
Rosewood finished with 334 yards of total offense, but fell victim to four turnovers -- two fumbles and two interceptions. The Eagles (4-4) suffered their second conference defeat of the season and travel to Spring Creek next Friday.
Willie Pearce led the Panthers with 244 yards and four touchdowns. North Johnston (5-3) earned its seventh consecutive victory against Carolina Conference foes.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series