Noth Lenoir slips to 1-7
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 15, 2006 2:01 AM
LaGRANGE -- Turnover-plagued North Lenoir became a gracious host and guest Tarboro High spoiled homecoming festivities conducted at Bullock Field on Friday evening.
The Vikings converted two first-quarter fumbles into touchdowns and cruised to a 27-14 victory in Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference play. North Lenoir (1-7) remained winless in two EPC outings and must win its final three games to become playoff eligible.
Tarboro exited 5-3 overall and 2-0 against league opposition.
North Lenoir pulled within 21-14 in the second half, but eventually committed another turnover. The Vikings, again, capitalized on the Hawks' hospitality and tallied a game-clinching touchdown.
Kirk Heffley, a returning conference champion in wrestling, paced Tarboro's offensive attack with 121 yards and four touchdowns on 25 carries.
Nick Williams collected a 15-yard touchdown run. Quarterback Andrew Manning completed a 30-yard TD pass to Cornelius Mills.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series