Trojan men's soccer ranked No. 7 in regional poll
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on October 18, 2006 2:12 PM
MOC Sports Information
Mount Olive moved up three spots into a tie at No. 7 in this week's NSCAA Division II Men's Soccer Southeast Region Poll, it was announced Tuesday. The Trojans have been ranked in the top 10 in each of the last three weeks.
Mount Olive (9-7-0 overall, 3-5-0 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference) is coming off a 1-0 overtime win at co-No. 7 St. Andrews, the Trojans' third consecutive regionally-ranked opponent. Chris Jasso scored the game-winning goal in the 94th minute and Chase Smith recorded his first collegiate shutout.
Mount Olive is among six teams in a logjam at the No. 7 spot. Seven of the 11 CVAC teams are ranked in this week's poll.
The Trojans have two more regular season matches, both at home and in conference, before the CVAC Tournament next week. Mount Olive is the site of this year's semifinals and championship October 28-29.
Mount Olive plays host to Barton today, then wraps up the regular season Saturday against Erskine. Match time both days is 3:30 p.m. at Trojan Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series