Harris' INT preserves Hawks' road victory
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 22, 2006 2:17 AM
BETHEL -- Terrance Harris intercepted a North Pitt pass in the final minute to preserve North Lenoir's 6-2 victory over Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference rival North Pitt.
The Hawks (2-7) collected their first EPC win three tries.
Harris' pick capped a wild ending for North Lenoir, which fumbled and gave the Panthers one last scoring opportunity before a Senior Night crowd at E.R. McNair Field. North Pitt ran two plays before Harris intercepted quarterback Octavius Andrews.
Hawks quarterback Andrew Manning twice took a knee to run out the clock.
Ricky Jarman provided North Lenoir's offense with field goals of 27 and 32 yards in the first and fourth quarters, respectively. Parris Lee and Nick Williams rushed for 83 and 79 yards, respectively.
Manning completed three passes for 47 yards.
North Lenoir entertains Goldsboro next Friday, while North Pitt (1-8, 0-3 EPC) is the guest of Tarboro.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series