Shelton, state-ranked Rams too much for Tarboro
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on October 22, 2006 2:15 AM
TARBORO -- Cameron Shelton threw three touchdown passes and state-ranked Greene Central cruised past Tarboro High 28-13 in Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference action Friday evening.
Shelton completed 10 of 16 passes for 173 yards, including two touchdown strikes to Curtis Braswell. Braswell hauled in five passes for 141 yards and recorded his second consecutive 100-yard game this season. He also grabbed a 39-yard scoring pass from William Brown.
Brown and Shelton shredded the Viking defense for 202 yards passing.
J.J. Thompson led the Rams' ground attack with 80 yards on 13 carries. Overall, Greene Central (8-1, 3-0 EPC) amassed 349 yards of total offense compared to 230 for Tarboro.
Brandon Sutton spearheaded the defense with 10 tackles and one sack. Thompson collected nine tackles and one sack. Justin Wellington provided six tackles, including two for loss yardage.
The Rams, ranked No. 8 in the latest Associated Press poll, extended their EPC win streak to eight games. They play host to EPC co-leader Farmville Central next Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series