Wright honored by CVAC
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on October 25, 2006 2:14 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College sweeper Caitlyn Wright was named Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference Women's Soccer Player of the Week, it was announced Tuesday. Wright sparked the Trojans to a pair of wins last week on both the offensive and defensive ends of the field.
Wright, a junior from Titusville, Fla., recorded assists on each of Mount Olive's first two goals in the Trojans' 4-1 victory over Barton last Wednesday. In Saturday's 2-0 win over Erskine, Wright notched an assist on a corner kick. Wright tallied five assists in her final three regular season matches.
Including Tuesday's first-round win over Barton in the CVAC Women's Soccer Tournament, Wright has 11 assists on the season. Defensively, Wright helped the Trojans post their eighth shutout of the regular season last week and hold their two opponents to one goal in 180 minutes.
No. 3 seed Mount Olive (15-6-0 overall, 9-2-0 CVAC) defeated No. 6 seed Barton 4-0 Tuesday to advance to the "final four" for the third year in a row. The Trojans will play host to No. 2 seed Belmont Abbey Friday in the semifinal round. Mount Olive is the host for the CVAC Tournament semifinals and championship. Match time is 2:30 p.m. at Trojan Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series