Area football games moved
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on October 27, 2006 2:18 PM
Eastern Wayne athletics director Robert Peele announced late Thursday evening that tonight's home contest against county rival Charles B. Aycock has been postponed until 7 p.m. Monday.
Impending inclement weather, which is expected to blanket eastern North Carolina much of the afternoon and evening, prompted Peele to make the decision. The weather forecast calls for 1-3 inches of rain, including heavy downpours at times.
Goldsboro's contest with North Lenoir has been rescheduled for 7:30 p.m. Saturday. As of press time, no additional changes had been made involving tonight's games. Still on the calendar are North Duplin at Rosewood; North Johnston at Spring Creek; Princeton at Ayden-Grifton; James Kenan at Union and Farmville Central at Greene Central.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series