Goldsboro High athletic awards
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on December 12, 2006 1:48 PM
Marcus Uzzell, Tiffany Burden, Danielle Irby and Dustin Uzzardo each earned Most Valuable Players in their respective sports during Goldsboro High's fall sports awards ceremony.
Uzzell also earned a spot on the Class 2-A Eastern Plains Conference all-conference team along with Andrew Phifer. Phifer was chosen the team's most outstanding defensive player.
Burden earned all-EPC accolades and head coach Rhet Potter was named the league's coach of the year.
Irby, an outstanding distance runner, received all-EPC honors and posted a top-three finish in the annual Wayne County Cross Country Championships contested at Waynesborough Park.
Uzzardo helped the Cougar junior varsity football team finish 9-1 overall and 4-1 in the EPC.
Here are the remaining awards:
* Varsity football: Cougar Pride Award -- Tremé Boone; Most Outstanding Offensive player -- Jamar Branch.
* Volleyball: Coach's Award -- Lavenia Lipford; Best Overall player -- Carmille Early.
* Women's Cross Country: Most Improved -- Ashley Thompson; Coach's Award -- Erin Coleman.
* JV football: Most Outstanding Offensive player -- A.J. Parker; Most Outstanding Defensive player -- Ivory Harris.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series