Goldsboro's Johnson selected to officiate Shrine Bowl
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on December 13, 2006 1:47 PM
Jerry Johnson, a long-time official in Goldsboro and surrounding areas, has been selected to work the 70th annual Shrine Bowl of the Carolinas football contest.
The game, which pits the top high school players from North and South Carolina, is scheduled for Dec. 16 at Spartanburg, S.C.
"Having the opportunity to work this game will fulfill one of my goals I set more than 30 years ago," said Johnson.
Johnson began his officiating career in 1974 and has worked state championship games in football, baseball and basketball. He's also had the privilege to officiate in an NCAA Division II football championship game.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series