Scoring error alters results
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 17, 2007 2:30 PM
A scoring error has changed the overall outcome of the 2nd annual Battle at Little Big Horn contested Saturday at Eastern Wayne High School.
A Northwest Guilford player was overcompensated for a third-place tie in his weight class, and tournament champion New Bern was not credited for a third-place tie.
The mistake dropped Northwest Guilford to third with 125 points and vaulted tournament host Eastern Wayne into the runner-up spot with 126. New Bern's adjusted score was 153.5.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series