Three Eastern Wayne grapplers unbeaten
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 22, 2007 1:46 PM
HAVELOCK -- Three Eastern Wayne grapplers posted unbeaten records during the Ram Challenge wrestled Saturday at Havelock, and the Warriors collected three dual-team victories overall.
Chris Tesar and Detori Mitchell ended the day with five individual victories apiece, while fellow senior Brian Lincoln fashioned a 4-0 record. Jordan Harris, James Knight, A.J. Washington, Brandon Johnson and heavyweight Foy Coley each recorded 4-1 records.
Returning starter T.J. Highsmith and freshman Drew Tesar each had three wins. Overall, 14 of 17 Warrior grapplers who competed claimed at least one win during five dual-team contests.
Washington had the most pins (three) by day's end. The Tesars, Harris, Mitchell, Johnson and Foley notched two pins apiece. Knight had one pin.
Eastern Wayne hammered Manteo (54-6), Jacksonville Northside (54-24) and Swansboro (55-16). Coach Mike Brown's squad fell to Richlands 38-28 and dropped a tight 41-37 decision against Havelock, which reached the Class 3-A eastern dual-team semifinals a year ago.
The Warriors (12-4 overall) entertain Princeton at 7 p.m. Tuesday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series