By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 25, 2007 2:11 PM
AYDEN -- After jumping out to a 6-0 lead, little went right for the Princeton Bulldogs as they fell to Ayden-Grifton 74-54 in Carolina Conference action Wednesday night.
Daniel Gerrell scored 24 points while shooting a blistering 11 of 14 from the field. Ryan Daughtry added 12 points for the Bulldogs.
The loss drops Princeton to 13-6 (4-1) and knocks the Bulldogs from a first-place tie at the top of the Carolina 1-A Conference standings.
Trinity too much
FAYETTEVILLE -- Wayne Country Day couldn't find enough weapons to take down Trinity of Fayetteville as they fell 96-72 on Tuesday night.
Floranta Wynn led the Chargers with 31 points and 11 rebounds. Jeff Franklin added 11 point while Kyle Pender, Ajay Fowler and Lamar Carpenter all added nine.
WCDS drops to 7-10 (1-2) and will host Kerr-Vance on Friday.
Wayne Christian knocks
off Cape Fear
Blake Parrish poured in a game-high 25 points to lead Wayne Christian to a 58-48 victory Wednesday night.
The win improves the Eagles to 9-3 (5-1) and will next host Bethel Christian on Jan. 29.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series