On a roll: North Duplin boys claim 2nd straight win
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on January 29, 2007 2:09 PM
CALYPSO -- Another streak ends.
The North Duplin boys' basketball team, coming off its first road win of the season last Tuesday, finally scratched in the victory column at home Friday evening.
Chris Graham led three Rebels in double figures with 17 points in a 62-52 decision over Class 1-A Carolina Conference rival North Johnston. Ryan Killette and Terell Midgette contributed 12 points apiece.
North Duplin (2-10 overall) improved to 2-4 in conference play.
Meanwhile, the Panther girls erupted for 23 third-quarter points and picked up a 62-29 win. North Johnston remained unbeaten in six league outings and is the guest of Rosewood on Tuesday.
Heather Hudson paced the Rebels with nine points. Jessica Pridgen added eight points, while Jodie Williamson provided six points.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series