By Rob Craig
Published in Sports on February 1, 2007 2:14 PM
Spring Creek built a 40-16 halftime lead and cruised to a 62-46 win over North Johnston on Wednesday night in Carolina 1-A Conference play.
Josh Wright led the Gators with 11 points while Kevin Winn added 10. Dekevius Williams contributed nine points and nine rebounds.
The victory improves Spring Creek to 7-11 (5-2) on the season.
N. Johnston trounces Spring Creek
The North Johnston Panthers jumped out to a 41-13 advantage at halftime and continued to pour it on in the second half as they defeated Spring Creek 71-32 in Carolina 1-A Conference action on Wednesday.
Maura Phipps led the Gators with 14 points and seven rebounds.
Spring Creek drops to 2-16 (1-6).
pulls out win
Chase King contributed a double-double of 10 points and 10 rebounds in leading the Wayne Christian Eagles to a 31-27 win over Northwood Temple Academy.
Chase Darden led the Eagles with 13 points who improved to 8-6 (3-3)
Wayne Christian will next face Faith of Rocky Mount on Friday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series