Mount Olive men's volleyball team taking another trip north
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on February 16, 2007 2:18 PM
Another weekend, another trip up north for the Mount Olive men's volleyball team as the Trojans head to Fairfield, Conn., Saturday to compete in the Sacred Heart University Tri-Meet. The Trojans take on Sacred Heart at 10 a.m., then face Endicott at noon.
Mount Olive (8-3) split a pair of matches last weekend in Pennsylvania, falling 3-0 at East Stroudsburg last Friday and rebounding with a 3-0 win over Lancaster Bible College. Against Lancaster, Kyle Lewis recorded nine kills with no errors in 10 attempts for a .900 hitting percentage.
Cesar Trigo de Serrano leads the Trojans with 3.44 kills per game, while Jose Lanier is averaging 3.00 kills along with team highs of 1.74 blocks and 0.89 aces per game.
After this weekend, Mount Olive will be off until March 2-3 when the Trojans host the MOC Tournament at Kornegay Arena.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series