Greene Central hits century mark in victory
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on February 20, 2007 2:09 PM
SNOW HILL -- Greene Central tallied 100 points for the first time in school history as the Rams knocked off North West Halifax 105-69 in the N.C. High School Athletic Association 2-A Playoffs on Monday night.
Chevalier Howell paced six Rams in double figures with 24 points. Also reaching double figures was Reggie Johnson with 21, Brandon Sutton 12, Albert Barron 12, Curt Braswell 10 and Danny Moye finished with 10 points.
Greene Central (20-6) now faces either Cedar Ridge or Farmville Central on Wednesday night.
by Wallace Rose Hill
Ryan Daugtery's 20 points wasn't enough to lift Princeton as they fell to Wallace Rose Hill in the first round of the N.C. High School Athletic Association 1-A Playoffs on Monday evening.
Daniel Gerrell added 10 points for the Bulldogs, who finish their season 16-11.
WCS places two on all-conference team
Wayne Christian's T.A. Brannan and Eric Williams were both all-conference selections and Nick Woods was named to the all-tournament team for the Carolina Christian Conference.
Wayne Christian competes today in the N.C. State Independent playoffs when they travel to play Gaston Day at 5:30 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series