Mount Olive Men's Basketball Ranked No. 8
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on February 22, 2007 2:22 PM
MOUNT OLIVE -- Mount Olive College took over the No. 8 spot in the NCAA Division II men's basketball east region poll on Wednesday.
The Trojans (19-6 overall) are ranked in the top 10 for the second consecutive week and remain in contention for a fourth consecutive trip to the NCAA tournament.
Mount Olive has prevailed in eight of its last nine games and is 13-5 in Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference play. Queens University, which dipped to No. 9 in the region, leads the Trojans by one-half game.
Two-time CVAC regular-season champion Barton is ranked No. 2. Another CVAC member, Limestone, dropped out of this week's poll.
West Liberty State remains at No. 1, while Alderson-Broaddus (W. Va.) and Millersville (Pa.) University are also ranked among the top five. The tournament champions from the CVAC, West Virginia Intercollegiate Athletic Conference and Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference earn automatic bids to the postseason.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series