Published in Sports on March 5, 2007 2:53 PM
Mount Olive College plays host to the inaugural MOC men's and women's golf tournament today and tomorrow at Lane Tree Golf Course. The men's tournament features an eight-team field, including two Mount Olive teams, while the women's tournament features three participants.
Joining the two Trojan teams in the men's tournament are fellow Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference members Anderson and Lees-McRae, along with Johnson C. Smith, Johnston CC, North Carolina Wesleyan and Virginia Wesleyan.
Mount Olive fielded two teams last week at the North Carolina Wesleyan Don Scalf Invitational and took home first and second place in the team standings. Mick Moberg finished first on the individual leaderboard, while Johan Hagsund recorded a hole-in-one.
Joining Mount Olive in the women's tournament are Hollins (Va.) and Johnson C. Smith. The Trojans are playing for the first time since finishing 12th at the Pfeiffer University Lady Falcon Invitational two weeks ago. Kristin Moberg tied for 22nd out of 79 golfers.
Teams will play 18 holes each day. The course is a par-72.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series