MOC golfers faring well
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on March 6, 2007 2:38 PM
Mick Moberg has a one stroke lead over teammate Tyler Rainear and both are among six Mount Olive players in the top 10 as two Trojan teams hold down the top two spots after the first round of the MOC Men's Golf Invitational Monday at Lane Tree Golf Course.
Mount Olive "A" is in first place with a 317, six shots ahead of Mount Olive "B" at 323. Anderson is third in the seven-team field with a 336.
Moberg, who won last week's North Carolina Wesleyan Don Scalf Invitational, shot even par on the front nine before settling for a 4-over-par 36-40--76. Rainear is one shot out of the lead with a 40-37--77.
For the MOC women, Kristen Freeman and Kate Moberg are tied for first and Mount Olive has a commanding lead after the first round. Kristin Moberg is third, followed by Deborah Woodrum in fourth as Mount Olive players hold down the top four spots on the individual leaderboard.
The Trojans shot a 373 Monday and lead by more than 100 strokes in the three-team field. Freeman shot a 48-44--92, while Somek carded a 44-48--92. Moberg is a stroke back with a 47-46--93 and Woodrum carded a 52-44--96.
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series