Mount Olive netters remain unbeaten in CVAC play
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on March 12, 2007 2:56 PM
Nationally 38th-ranked Mount Olive improved to 4-0 in conference play this season with a 6-3 victory at Queens in Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference men's tennis. But the Trojans suffered their first conference loss Saturday, falling to No. 36 Limestone 6-3.
Mount Olive (5-8 overall, 4-1 CVAC) was ranked No. 38 in the ITA Division II Men's Tennis Preseason Poll and remained at No. 38 in the first ranking of the spring, which was announced this past week.
The Mount Olive women's tennis team suffered a pair of conference losses over the weekend, falling to Queens 6-3 Friday and falling to regionally ninth-ranked Limestone 8-1 Saturday. Friday's contest was a rematch of the quarterfinal round of last year's CVAC Women's Tennis Tournament.
The Trojans fall to 3-9 overall and 3-3 in the CVAC.
Both teams have an extended break from the courts. The Trojan women travel to East Carolina Saturday, then both teams head to Hartsville, S.C., Sunday to take on Coker in CVAC action. Match time is 1 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series