Bitzenhofer, Moberg pace MOC men's golf team
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on March 14, 2007 2:38 PM
WILSON -- Chris Bitzenhofer finished 10th out of 85 golfers and Mount Olive placed ninth out of 13 teams at the Lee Nissan/Barton College Men's Golf Intercollegiate, which concluded Tuesday at Wilson Golf Club.
Bitzenhofer carded a 36-hole total of 77-75--152, seven strokes out of first place. Mick Moberg (75-82--157) tied for 22nd and Scott Woodard (82-76--158) tied for 26th as the Trojans placed three golfers in the top 30.
Jonathan Greene (81-79--160) finished 38th, while Johan Hagsund (80-82--162) tied for 44th, Brad Alford (80-84--164) tied for 51st and Pete Skirpstas (81-84--165) tied for 55th.
After tying for sixth in the first round, Mount Olive finished with a 317-319--636, two strokes behind eighth-place Concord and five shots out of a three-way tie for fifth place.
Cape Fear Community College won the tournament, finishing 17 strokes ahead of second-place and tournament host Barton.
Mount Olive returns to action next Monday and Tuesday as the Trojans compete in the St. Andrews Spring Invitational. Moberg and Bitzenhofer finished first and second in last year's tournament and Mount Olive won the St. Andrews Fall Invitational each of the last two years.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series