Trojan women's golf places first
By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on March 20, 2007 2:52 PM
VASS -- Kristin Moberg is atop the leaderboard and Mount Olive has a share of the lead after the first round of the St. Andrews Women's Golf Spring Invitational Monday at the Woodlake Resort and Golf Club in Vass.
Eastern Wayne graduate Kristen Freeman is tied for fifth out of 38 golfers with a 43-44--87.
Moberg shot a 42 on the front nine and came home with a 39 on the back nine for an 81, giving her a one-shot lead.
Kate Somek, who took home first place two weeks ago at the MOC Invitational, is tied for 13th with a 44-47--91. Deborah Woodrum is tied for 20th with a 47-46--93.
Mount Olive shot a team total of 352, tying the Trojans with Northwood (Mich.). The two teams hold a three-shot lead over Queens in the seven-team tournament.
The 36-hole tournament concludes today.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series