Trojans ranked No. 15
By MOC Sports Information
Published in Sports on April 10, 2007 1:48 PM
Mount Olive, which clinched the 2007 Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference regular season title, held onto its No. 15 spot for the third consecutive week the latest Collegiate Baseball Division II top 30 poll.
The Trojans (37-10 overall) overcame a loss to Division III N.C. Wesleyan with a three-game sweep over conference rival Limestone. Mount Olive has won each of its seven Carolinas-Virginia Athletics Conference series, including four sweeps.
Mount Olive secured its fifth CVAC regular-season title and first since 2003. The Trojans will be the No. 1 seed in the 2007 CVAC Tournament, which takes place April 19-22 at Wilson.
The Trojans picked up 264 points in the poll, two more points than last week. Mount Olive placed 24 points behind Franklin Pierce (N.H.) and Tusculum (Tenn.), which are tied at No. 13; and Minnesota State-Mankato and West Alabama, which are tied at No. 16.
Tampa moved up a spot to No. 1.
Mount Olive heads to Salisbury today to take on Catawba in a non-conference doubleheader, then wraps up regular-season conference play as the Trojans play host to Pfeiffer Saturday and Sunday for a three-game series at Scarborough Field.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series