K-Tribe falls to Hillcats
Published in Sports on April 24, 2007 2:25 PM
KINSTON -- Lynchburg broke a 3-3 tie with three runs in the top of the eighth to beat the K-Tribe 8-4 on Monday night at Grainger Stadium.
Kinston tied the game with a two-run single by John Drennen in the bottom of the seventh inning, but Lynchburg came right back. Kinston's bullpen came into the game with an ERA under one, put was touched for five earned runs on this night.
In the top of the eighth inning, back-to-back-to-back doubles plated three runs for Lynchburg and put the game out of reach.
Mike Finnochi (0-1) took the loss for Kinston as Lynchburg banged out a season-high 17 hits. Patrick Bresnehan (1-0) picked up the win in relief for Lynchburg.
Brian Finegan, in the leadoff spot for the second time this season, was 3-for-4 with a run scored. K-Tribe designated hitter Chris Gimenez went 2-for-3 for Kinston.
The K-Tribe returns to Grainger Stadium for game two of the four-game series today at 7 p.m. Kinston's David Huff (1-0, 1.38 ERA) takes the hill for the Indians.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series