K-Tribe takes fourth straight
Published in Sports on May 2, 2007 2:35 PM
LYNCHBURG, Va. -- John Drennen provided the go-ahead single in the seventh inning and Kinston won its fourth straight game, a 5-1 decision over Carolina League foe Lynchburg on Tuesday evening.
Drennen's two-out, bases-loaded rip broke a 1-1 tie. Mike Butia and Brian Finegan scored on the play. One batter later, Max Ramirez drove home Jose Costanza with an RBI hit.
Chris Gimenez slugged a solo home run in the eighth.
K-Tribe reliever Chris Niesel escaped a bases-loaded, one-out jam in the seventh. Randy Newsom threw a perfect ninth as the Kinston bullpen provided 1 2/3 innings of scoreless relief.
Starter Kevin Dixon notched his first mound win of the season in six-plus innings of work. The Hillcats touched Dixon for four hits and one earned run.
The teams continue their four-game series tonight. Sung-Wei Tseng will start for Kinston.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series