Frederick rallies past Kinston
Published in Sports on May 8, 2007 2:52 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- The Frederick Keys tallied four runs in the bottom of the sixth inning and claimed a come-from-behind 5-2 victory over Kinston on Monday evening.
Frederick capitalized on two errors, a hit batsman, a walk and three hits to take command of the Carolina League game.
K-Tribe hurler Kevin Dixon (1-3) yielded six hits and collected three strikeouts in five-plus innings. The Keys manufactured five runs (one earned) against Dixon.
Kinston Kinston tied the game at one in the third inning when Max Ramirez singled home Nathan Panther. Ramirez would score to break the tie in the sixth inning, on an RBI double from Stephen Head. Head went 2-for-4 with two doubles on the night.
The teams continue their four-game series tonight. Game time is 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series