Rain postpones county teams
By Rudy Coggins
Published in Sports on May 9, 2007 2:29 PM
Rain either suspended or postponed Tuesday afternoon's Class 3-A N.C. High School Athletic Association dual-team tennis playoff matches involving Eastern Wayne and Charles B. Aycock.
The Warriors' held slim advantages in four of six singles matches against D.H. Conley before two short rain storms rendered unplayable conditions on the John Allen Farfour courts at Herman Park.
Eastern Wayne (14-3) is the two-time Eastern Carolina Conference champion, while D.H. Conley finished runner-up to Washington among 3-A teams in the Coastal 8 Conference.
Washington played host to C.B. Aycock, which is making its first dual-team appearance in 2001. However, the teams never took the court and will try to play again Thursday afternoon.
The Golden Falcons are 13-8 overall.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series