Keys slip by K-Tribe
Published in Sports on May 11, 2007 1:48 PM
FREDERICK, Md. -- Mark Fleisher slid home under the tag of Kinston catcher Chris Gimenez and Frederick's defense protected the lone run in a 1-0 victory Thursday morning.
Fleisher scored on Justin Johnson's RBI double. K-Tribe starter David Huff (3-2) allowed six runs and one earned run in a six-inning stint.
Kinston missed scoring chances in the final game of its road series with the Keys. Stephen Head doubled off the top of the center field wall in the fourth inning. Nathan Panther doubled in the fifth, but teammate Niuman Romero was thrown out at the plate.
Frederick won the series 3-1, but the K-Tribe remained kept its first-place spot in the Carolina League Southern Division.
Kinston begins a six-game home stretch tonight against Potomac. Ryan Edell is scheduled to start on the mound.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series