Kinston destroys Frederick
Published in Sports on May 17, 2007 2:25 PM
KINSTON -- Chris Gimenez slugged three home runs and produced six RBI in Kinston's 16-4 victory over Frederick at historic Grainger Stadium on Wednesday afternoon.
Gimenez orchestrated a 15-hit parade which included solo home runs from Stephen Head and John Drennen. Drennen and Max Ramirez each finished with two hits and three RBI.
Frederick starter Brandon Erbe (3-1) allowed the first five K-Tribe batters to reach safely. Gimenez belted his first home run later in the inning to start the 16-run uprising -- the highest offensive output by any Carolina League team this season.
Erbe lasted just three innings as Kinston (22-14 overall) tagged the right-hander for 12 earned runs on 11 hits.
Starter Ryan Edell (3-1) collected the mound win for the K-Tribe, who swept the three-game series. Edell yielded two earned runs in a six-inning stint.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series