By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 18, 2007 2:36 PM
Spring Creek baseball 14, Mt. Olive 13 -- Spring Creek defeated Mt. Olive in eight innings in a wild game. For Spring Creek Cory Howell and Ryan Vivarette both tallied two hits while Dillion Coates added a double. Duane Gurganus picked up the win in relief as he recorded five strikeouts.
Spring Creek baseball 11, Mt. Olive 9 -- Spring Creek completed its regular season with a second-straight victory over Mt. Olive. Tanner Smith, Dillion Coates and Hunter Barnett all had three hits for Spring Creek while Chris Boseman, Duane Gurganus and Ryan Vivarette each contributed two hits. Boseman picked up the win on the mound has he allwed three runs in 4 1/3 innings. Gurganus then came in and recorded the save. Spring Creek finishes 9-7 overall (4-2 conference).
Dixie Youth Majors
Rosewood A's 3, Wayne Country Day 1 -- Cody Neal was the hard-luck loser as he allowed three hits in six innings while striking out eight. At the plate Neal also added a triple. Cole Davis had a hit also for Wayne Country Day (4-4).
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series