K-Tribe rallies past Nationals
Published in Sports on May 21, 2007 1:47 PM
WOODBRIDGE, Va. -- Niuman Romero delivered a tie-breaking, two-hit in the eighth inning and Kinston turned back Potomac 4-3 on Sunday afternoon.
Romero's game-winning hit scored Wes Hodges and the K-Tribe claimed a three-game series sweep of the Nationals. Kinston improved to 25-14 overall and owns a six-game lead over Salem and Winston-Salem in Southern Division play.
Romero, who batted 2-for-4 with three RBI, contributed a two-RBI double in the fourth inning. Mike Butia supplied an RBI sacrifice fly that scored John Drennen, who finished the night 4-for-5 with two runs scored.
Jim Deters (2-2) tossed 22/3 innings and picked up the win out of the bullpen. Frank Herrmann yielded one earned run in a six-inning stint.
Potomac's David Trahan (0-2) endured the pitching loss.
Kinston continues a six-game road swing tonight at Salem. David Huff is scheduled to take the mound. Game time is 7:07 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series