By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on May 28, 2007 1:47 PM
CLINTON -- Snow Hill Post 94 triumphed 8-6 over Duplin County and remained unbeaten on the American Legion baseball scene Saturday evening.
Tyler Chase paced Snow Hill's offense with three hits and two RBI in four plate appearances. Lance Murray and Taylor Sutton (two RBI) contributed two hits apiece.
Sutton claimed the mound win.
Rock Bennett took the loss.
Post 94 opened its season with a 7-3 victory over Area I East Division newcomer Tarboro on Friday evening. Hunter Chase (two RBI), Trey Beamon and Murray pounded out two hits apiece.
Drew Sowers emerged the winning pitcher.
Snow Hill (2-0) entertains Beaufort County for a non-Area I East Division contest Tuesday. Game time is 7 p.m. at Greene Central.
Snow Hill drops road outing
TARBORO -- Legion newcomer Edgecombe County upended Snow Hill 9-6 on the Municipal Stadium diamond Saturday evening.
Chris Manning slugged a solo home run for Post 94, which fell to 1-2 overall. Teammates Stephen McDonald and Alex Brann (two RBI) provided two hits apiece in the road loss.
McDonald was the losing pitcher.
Snow Hill Post 94 entertains Wayne County-South today at 7 p.m.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series