By News-Argus Staff
Published in Sports on June 3, 2007 2:02 AM
EDENTON -- Will Rhem, Lance Murray and Hunter Chase each slapped a home run as Snow Hill Post 94 claimed an offensive battle 18-12 over Edenton Post 40.
It was a non-division Area I East game.
Rhem delivered a three-run shot in the top half of the first inning. Murray and Chase each provided a two-run shot for Snow Hill, which remained unbeaten in four outings.
Michael Speedy and Tyler Chase pounded out four hits apiece.
Jordan Corbett claimed the mound win.
Post 94 played at Ahoskie on Saturday.
Dixie Youth 13s
Mar Mac 15, Seymour Johnson 1 -- Jamar Holmes and Chris Newberry combined for a seven-strikeout effort on the mound. Holmes singled and drove in a run, while Newberry contributed a base hit. Cole Tisdale homered and collected three RBI. Ivey Strickland, Sean Strickland, Kevin Lipscomb and Carl Johnson each contributed one hit. Wesley Grady added an RBI. Mar Mac (2-1) entertains Rosewood Purple at 6 p.m. Monday.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series