K-Tribe closes undefeated road trip
Published in Sports on June 7, 2007 1:50 PM
WILMINGTON, Del. -- Kinston finished unbeaten on its current seven-game road swing with a 6-4 triumph over Carolina League rival Wilmington on Wednesday evening.
The K-Tribe, who completed a four-game sweep of the Blue Rocks, dealt Rowdy Hardy his first loss of the season. Michael Aubrey's first-inning, two-run home run rattled Hardy, who beat Kinston in a previous outing at Grainger Stadium.
Kinston, which claimed its season-high eighth consecutive win, extended its advantage in the fifth inning on Jared Goedert's two-out RBI single. Wes Hodges, who was just activated from the disabled list, connected on a two-RBI base hit which scored Gimenez and Goedert.
Hodges concluded the game 2-for-4 with a walk after a two-week absence. Aubrey provided an eighth-inning, solo home run and ended the night with three hits and three RBI in three official plate appearances.
Hardy (6-1) yielded a season-high 11 hits and five earned runs. He entered the game with CL's top earned-run average (1.21) in 11 appearances and had not surrendered more than two earned runs in an outing this season.
Other Local Sports
- Wayne County rally falls short
- Wayne County 10U All-Stars advance
- OUTDOORS - Ladyfish pack big bite
- senior legion boxscore
- Junior legion teams enjoy victories
- Edenton takes series lead against Wayne County
- Wayne North avenges loss to Wayne South
- Zach Wright will play in showcase game
- OPINION- Some athletes should fade away
- Edenton beats Post 11 to even series